Treat Hormone-Related Conditions With Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Your hormones are powerful chemical messengers, coursing through your body to fuel your metabolism, help you sleep well, give you energy and regulate your sex drive. Your body gets a lot of benefits from these chemicals and works best when they are well-regulated and in full supply.
The problem is that our hormones are not always at their best. The endocrine system, which includes your hormones and the glands that secrete them, is prone to illness and injury like any other part of our body. When this happens, it’s important to bring your hormones back into balance so that your body can continue to experience their benefits and work at optimal efficiency.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a great and popular solution for bringing your hormones back into balance. Whether you are dealing with a natural, age-related hormone condition such as menopause, perimenopause or andropause, or you are dealing with a hormone-linked illness such as fibromyalgia, adrenal fatigue or a thyroid disorder, Essex County NJ Anti-Aging Doctor, Rimma Sherman, M.D., in South Orange, New Jersey can help to treat your condition and bring your body back into balance.
Conditions Commonly Treated in Men and Women with Hormone Therapy
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Prolonged stress and over-exhaustion can really wear out your adrenal glands. Unfortunately, in our modern lifestyles, these are all too common. Your adrenal glands work hard to manage your response to stressors, but when the stressors don’t stop coming, your adrenal glands just can’t keep up! Natural hormone therapy can help bring your endocrine system, including your adrenal glands, back into harmony and working order.
After age 30, a man’s testosterone begins to decline at a rate of roughly 1% per year. After a couple of decades, around a man’s 40s and 50s, the cumulative effects of this loss of testosterone may begin to show themselves. This period is known as andropause, and it includes symptoms such as muscle loss, low libido, hair loss and more.
Hormone therapy can help provide your body with the testosterone it needs to overcome your symptoms and help you age with dignity.
Known for the widespread pain that it inflicts across your body, fibromyalgia is a difficult and still poorly understood condition. Recent studies and research have indicated links between fibromyalgia and certain hormone deficiencies. In fact, many of the other symptoms of fibromyalgia include the same symptoms as deficiencies in testosterone, estrogen and progesterone.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help to reverse the associated hormone deficiencies associated with fibromyalgia, as well as many of the resulting unpleasant symptoms.
- Low Testosterone
- Testosterone production can be low for many reasons, including environmental, genetic or lifestyle factors. Testosterone production is important for both men and women, as testosterone fuels your metabolism, builds muscles and regulates your sex drive. Bioidentical hormones can supplement your body with the testosterone it needs for healthy functioning.
- Menopause is the time in a woman’s life when her ovaries cease production of estrogen and progesterone and she is no longer able to become pregnant. Supplementing the body with natural estrogen or progesterone, as determined by Essex County NJ Anti-Aging Doctor, Rimma Sherman, M.D., can help to reduce the symptoms of menopause so that you can age with grace.
- Estrogen plays a key role in maintaining bone health. Unfortunately, estrogen levels in post-menopausal women drop dramatically, which can lead to osteoporosis and other bone-related conditions. Bioidentical Hormone Therapy can provide bioidentical estrogen to help you maintain strong, healthy bones.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid disorders typically come in two forms: hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Hypothyroidism means that your thyroid produces insufficient thyroid hormone for healthy function, and may result in feeling sensitivity to cold, dry skin, and fatigue. Hyperthyroidism means that too much thyroid hormone is produced, resulting in sensitivity to heat, nervousness, heart palpitations and sleep problems.
Discover What Natural Hormone Therapy Can Do For You
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is an appropriate treatment option for many conditions in men and women that involve deficient or imbalanced hormones. If you believe you are suffering from a hormone-related condition or you’ve tried other forms of treatment that just haven’t worked, you owe it to yourself to contact local Essex County NJ Anti-Aging Doctor, Rimma Sherman, M.D., to learn how bioidentical hormones can help you.
Essex County NJ Anti-Aging Doctor, Rimma Sherman, M.D., in South Orange is a skilled professional, ready to help you with your hormone imbalance or deficiency. Speak with Dr. Sherman in South Orange, New Jersey area today to start feeling well again!